RAID Driver Missing: Getting Message:"Windows root>\system32\Hal.dll Please reinstal"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fletch4949, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Fletch4949

Fletch4949 Private E-2

I just installed RAID (Mirror) on my computer. The installation was successful, but shortly after installation, my computer crashed in the RAID configuration. I am getting a black screen with the message:

"<Windows root>\system32\Hal.dll Please reinstall a copy of the above"

It looks like my RAID driver has dissappeared. If I go into BIOS and configure my IDE settings to SATA non RAID, then I can boot up, other wise I get the above error message.

My Device Manager is showing the 2 HD, but no RAID configuration.

I think that I need to reload the Intel RAID driver. If I boot from my XP pro disk, and choose 'F6', will I have to reload the entire OS system from scratch?

P4P800SE MB
    80HitachiSATA drives
    WINXP Pro
    P4 2.8E Prescott.

Suggestions....

Thanks!

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

sounds like you installed one hard drive then the OS and decided at a later time that you wanted to mirror.

Set it to RAID and run the windows install from the CD and run the repair. Have your RAID drivers ready.

3. Fletch4949

Fletch4949 Private E-2

Ye s - That is what I attempted. When I run repair, will this require a reinstallation of my OS?

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

it will recreate your HAL.. so you will need your OS cd to do this.

5. Fletch4949

Fletch4949 Private E-2

Just want to be clear....I will not have to reinstal my OS?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the repair not ask for a specific section to repair...What number will I give it?

6. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

repair will just essentially repair the OS installation. It's not reinstalling.. just replacing. The option to choose is R for repair. Read the onscreen instructions.. you can do it ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds