Help

Discussion in 'Software' started by Criminal_chris, Sep 19, 2004.

1. Criminal_chris

Criminal_chris Private First Class

ok i have a very important question about performance. But first i need to know how to take screen shots of my desktop and where they are located at once you take a screen shot. Once i know how to do that i will proceed with my question.

2. Wavetar

Wavetar Sergeant

Just hit the 'print screen' or sometimes 'prt scrn' button on the keyboard. Then, open up 'MS-Paint' or sometimes just 'Paint'. Hit CTRL+V to paste the screen capture into the paint program. Once pasted, you can then so a 'save as' from the file menu & save it as a bitmap or jpeg to whatever folder you want on the computer. Once saved, then hit CTRL+N to clear the picture & you'll be ready to do the process all over again.

3. Shizoku

Shizoku Private E-2

press print screen on your keyboard and then open up paint and press cntrl+V then save it as a jpg file.

4. Criminal_chris

ok second question how do you attach a picture to your post

5. billH

billH Master Sergeant

Keep looking down the page from your post. You will see this button. Press it and it will tell you how to upload your picture. Make sure it's within size parameters for upload.

Attached Files:

6. billH

billH Master Sergeant

Hmm . . . sorry, that was a little lacking :) Press the manage attachments button. Then press the "browse" button on the next screen. Browse to your picture, double click on it then press the upload button. That should do it -- unless the file size is too big. If that happens, post and tell us because there's things you can do about that. ;)
    Bill

7. Criminal_chris

umm for some wierd reason when ever i click on the button nothing happenes at all.. I do have anti virus and internet secerity, but i disabled then to. SO i have to clue what the heck is wrong. when i look in the lower left side of internet explorer it says Error on page. My question is about why my computer runs three svchost.exe under the system. I am wondering why my computer is also very laggy. Like when i am listening to music and say chating on Aim all of a sudden the music will start skipping and stuff, as if the cd was messed up. But there is no cd i am playing it from the hardrive. It is very annoying and i have no clue what the problem is. I know i have no virus's and i don't have spyware. Do you think it could be because of a fraggmented hard drive or what. Please help. If you need more info let me know. O ya i have 56k so downloading big files is almost always out of the question.

8. billH

billH Master Sergeant

Which button, the "manage attachments" or the "browse"? Without your computer's specs -- OS, hd, internet connection type, memory, ram, etc. -- We can't have much of an opinion about what's wrong.

9. Criminal_chris

ya the manage attachments button. Nothing ever happened. ok i have windows xp home service pack 1, umm i have a quantum fireball 30 gig hard drive and a 160 gig seagate drive ata133 drive. i have a 56k internet, 512 ddr 400 ram (generic), athlon 2400 xp(not over clocked), a KTV4 motherboard, audigy2 zs, geforce 4 ti 4600, i think that is all umm a lan card and onboard lan. I think thats about it

need anymore info?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds