WinTasks......................

Discussion in 'Software' started by Strange1, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Strange1

Strange1 Staff Sergeant

Hope this isn't redundant. I check in search but unable to satisfy my question. My Proesses show about 55. In checking out some of the processes I keep getting suggestions to buy Wintasks5 Pro that says it will find virus's and trojans embedded in programs that other AV and FW's don't catch. What is your take and advice. Thanks

Jack

Dell 4600
    512 mg ram
    80 G hd dr
    XP home OS
    Firefox
    AVG AV
    PC-cillin AV/FW
    Kerion FW
    Vcleaner
    Ccleaner
    Freemem

2. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

I just did a Google search for WinTasks, and apparently it is a program that bills itself as a cure all for any Windows problem. If you didn't install it yourself, then I would get rid of it. Check in Add/Remove programs for an entry first, and if it is found delete it. If it isn't in the Add/Remove section, then I would go to the Spyware section on this forum, and follow all the directions on the sticky's at the top of the page. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds