System won't power off

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Full Throttle, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Full Throttle

Full Throttle Private E-2

Hey guys:

I bought a new system and have a raid controller for my hard drive. I added a 2nd drive but was having trouble connecting with the cables so I disconnected the drive that was connected to the raid controller and now have both drives operating. I'm running XP home. When I try to shut down my system I get a blue screen and have to shut the power off by holding the power button.

My questions: By not using the raid controller, is it interfering with the original Bios configuration? What should I do?

Thanks for any input.

Ron Lombard

2. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

a RAID Controller card could / would not modify your mobo's BIOS software but the Operating System's boot files, but still if the Drives on the RAID card was not configured as the Boot Partition then you would take the card out along with the drives and leave the original (other) IDE/SATA HardDrive configured to be the boot drive in the case and XP would have boot just fine.

MY questions:
    Are you positive the card is a True RAID controller card? Is it a SATA or IDE type? Do you have any other drives connected directly to your mobo?
    Why do you need the RAID card? Especially for Home Edition there are no significant performance gains...some might debate though.

So currently do yu have the RAID card in the system? OR you took it out and you are still experiencing the BSoD and power down problems?

repost and let us know.. ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds