Disk Boot Failure...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hsv216, Jan 25, 2005.

1. hsv216

hsv216 Private E-2

When booting I am getting this message:

"DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER"

Now to explain what I am trying to do.

I am trying to boot from the CDROM, and was not having any luck, so I removed everything from all IDE ports, etc except the CDROM.

Set the BIOS to boot from CDROM.

The CDROM is detected during POST ok.

Any ideas as to why the CD would not boot and what I could try if anything?

I have tested the CD is bootable in other machines.
    The CDROM does boot CD's in other machines.
    Have tried resetting the BIOS by removing battery.
    Tried loading optimized defaults.
    Removed and reseated/reinstall all of the connectors. (power, IDE, RAM, Video)

K7T Turbo
    AMD 1200
    1.5G RAM
    550w PSU
    3D Prophet 2 Ultra

This one has really got me stumped.

2. hsv216

hsv216 Private E-2

Now to add even more interesting facts:

Put the whole system back together the way it was before I wanted to rebuild it.

It boots ok into the OS, as I would have suspected normally.

However, I have disabled all boot options, EXCEPT the CDROM, yet it still boots from the hard disks. So it seems that the BIOS Settings are being ignored for some reason?

Has anyone ever seen this before?!?!?!

Think I might try to re-flash the BIOS.

3. oldstumpy2

oldstumpy2 Private E-2

Hi hsv216,i am having the same problem with my system tried all the same things as well,still can't boot from cdrom.I have been trying to format hardrive and reinstall windows xp.I think it might be some kind of virus or spyware any one out there please help us. Thanks oldstumpy2.

4. oldstumpy2

oldstumpy2 Private E-2

Hi agian hsv216: I'M back,well i found my problem,why my system wouldn't boot from cdrom,my USB Keyboard support was not turned on in bios,some how a virus or spyware turned it off in bios i guess. Thats why i was trying
    to format my hard drive in the first place. Well good luck with your system.
    oldstumpy2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds