hp pavillion XT 983 video card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by snomky, Jan 25, 2005.

1. snomky

snomky Private E-2

I have an HP pavillion XT983 computer that I believe the video card is bad. When you turn the computer on the light on the monitor turns green for a second and then goes back to yellow and you hear a noise that sounds like you have turned the monitor off. Black screen nothing else. I cant say that I actually hear the computer booting up but I have noticed that when you turn it on, the light on the A drive does come on like it is trying to boot up and maybe it actually does, I cant tell because I cannot get anything on the monitor. I changed monitors and even connected the monitor that was on this particular computer to my other computer and the monitor works fine. I do know that this computer takes a PCI video card and if a generic one will work, that is fine with me. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for your help!

2. Creedman

Creedman Private E-2

Your PCI video card may have went out. Try to replace it.

3. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

try disconnecting everything except the video card one stick of ram, the cpu and the psu .. and see if you can get into the BIOS

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds