Sound Card / Speaker

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by apeboyeee, Jan 27, 2005.

1. apeboyeee

apeboyeee Private E-2

Hi guys,

I don't know if this post is relevant enough to be in this forum, but here it goes

I have a 5.1 OZAKI Nukeleo speaker set and it comes with a central console thing where all the speakers and woofer connects to. The console thing has master volume and is where all the inputs go. However, the speakers seem to have a humming noise when I turn on the speakers. Could it be that I don't have 5.1 sound card? Or is it the speakers?

The power for the speakers comes from the woofer. The woofer connects to a plug and then connects to the center console providing the power. I was wondering if there is a 5.1 sound card that would allow me to not use the central console thing, since it seems to me that it is the thing that is causing the humming noise.

Thanks

Andy

2. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

The humming noise is most likely caused by having the volume really high.

There is more then one volume dial. There is going to be software and HW. The HW volume control is of course on the central console. The SW one can be adjusted by clicking on the speaker beside the windows clock. Most likely one of those volume bars is at 100% which can cause a rather annoying humming noise.

You may also need to update your sound card drivers. Also sometimes the sound cards come with programs which need to be configured for 5.1 sound in order for it to all work nicely.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds