HELP with Laptop Config

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MasterJediSpud, Jan 28, 2005.

1. MasterJediSpud

MasterJediSpud Private E-2

Please, I need help. I'm purchasing a laptop, and I am confused as to which ones to buy.
    Opinions, comments, suggestions, anything to better understand the pros and cons.
    I want an AMD proc.
    But PCIe is better video? Isn't it.
    PCIe doesn't come with any AMD procs yet. Or does it?
    HELP......my........head.........hertz.....................bad!

2. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

PCIe is really new, and it just started coming out on AMD boards a little while ago. I'm not sure if there is a loptop board which supports it yet, their might be. Of course even if there was, it would be insanely expensive and not really worth buying right now.

Laptops arn't really meant to be the fastest machines, that is what desktops are for. So I wouldn't be looking to get a PCIe graphics card in a laptop, laptop usually trail desktops by a year or two in that area.

3. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Get the biggest screen you can afford. My Gateway Solo 9300 (over 5 years old) has a 15 inch screen. Wouldn't buy smaller. My Gateway has 2 hard drives (1 of which is removable) plus a DVD/cd reader, at the same time. Second hard drive (removable) can be swopped for floppy drive to give versatility. Even at 5 years old it comes fitted with nearly every kind of port. Also available is a port replicator that allows you to plug USB cables, and other stuff into it. Allows you to quickly remove the laptop without having to undo cables, etc.
    Just some of the features to keep in mind when comparing system specs. Hope this helps. Bazza

===

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds