New Memory, cdrom not recognized

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by IcedEarth, Jan 28, 2005.

1. IcedEarth

IcedEarth Private E-2

I just bought new memory and installed it. I am looking to format my system and start fresh and i noticed that A) my processor isnt reading what it actaully is. i have an Athlon XP 3200+ and its reading as a 1.09ghz. B) Neither of my 2 ROM drives are showing up. I have tried to scan for them in the BIOS and i am getting nothing. What do i do??

2. risk_reversal

risk_reversal MajorGeek

As regards your XP3200, it is a 200fsb and I believe that it should run at a clock speed of 2200 Mhz with an 11 multiplier ie 200x11

The fact that it is running at 1.09Ghz suggests that you have it on the correct multi of 11x but that you are running it at a fsb speed of 100mhz.

Go to your bios and check that this is the case then up the fsb from 100-->200...save and upon reboot check at post that it is correct...

As regards the opticals check that you have jumpered them correctly ie master and slave and if they continue to prove problematic connect them one at a time to see if that works. Also check the ATA cable blue plug in mobo if you are using an ATA100.....

Good luck

3. IcedEarth

IcedEarth Private E-2

Well i know the jumpers are all right as everything was working fine before i changed out my memory. I have unhooked both drives and installed one by one and still get nothing. Any Other Ideas?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds