Internet Stability Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by astro61200, Jan 28, 2005.

1. astro61200

astro61200 Private E-2

I will connect to the internet (56k Dialup) and then 5 or 10 mins (sometimes longer sometimes less) it will just die... the connection down in the start bar will still be there but it won't load any pages or anything with the internet, when I double click on it to bring up the status, it pops up for a tenth of a second then closes again. It wont stop using the connection even though it isnt connected. The only way for it to reset is by restarting the computer, and it just started doing this today... I have ran adaware, nothing comes up, hijackthis shows nothing that would be doing it yet it keeps doing it, can someone help please?

Also, lately I've been having a problem with my computer, I will turn it on then after 10-20 minutes or so I'll try to open Taskmanager and it wont open, but the green status square appears in the start bar, near the clock (the box shows how much of the RAM is in use)... Also when Taskmanager wont open other programs wont either, such as AOL Instant Messenger, ICQ, Excel, Word, etc.

I dont know what the problem is, I have 512 MB of RAM and a 1.1 Ghz processor, when it happens I'm not running a lot of programs, infact most of the time no program is running

The only way to fix it is to restart the computer, but I shouldn't need to restart my computer 10-15 times a day just so it works properly, does anyone know what may be wrong with it?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds