Video card Problem?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ljcoop, Jan 29, 2005.

1. ljcoop

ljcoop Private E-2

I'm not sure what to make of this.
    When I play simple games like flipwords or bejeweled eventually I get an error that they have encountered a problem and need to close.
    I am running windows XP Home on 1.5 GB processor with 512 MB ram.
    The video card is Nvidia Gforce2 MX 100/200 with the latest drivers I could find.

The only thing wierd I notice is that when playing these games the mouse hourglass is on alot.

Let me know if you need more info.

2. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

The error about why it needs to close would be helpful.

Although it's most likely because you have something running in the background which is causing problems. It could be something you know about or it might be something you don't even realize is running. It's hard to say exactly what it is, but the odds are pretty good it's some background app causing a conflict.

3. ljcoop

ljcoop Private E-2

Thanks CoCo,
    I'll check it out and see what I can disable.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds