Computer keeps coming up with non-existent printers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by coachi, Jan 29, 2005.

1. coachi

coachi Private E-2

Everytime I boot up mt computer keeps coming up with 2 boxes that say new hardware found - printers. Since my computer is a laptop - there are no printers attached. When I do hook my printer up. It gives me a third box - so none of the first two are tied to it.

How can I eliminate this problem

John

2. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

What are the two printers it comes up with? I mean both adobe and microsoft like to install fake printers with their apps. When office is installed you'll get the office image writer, and then with acrobat they do the same thing and give you an acrobat image writer.

At any rate to resolve the problem, you could just delete them. Although there is no hamr in leaving them there either. They don't do anything, and you plug into a real printer it should automaticly be made the default one. So the other two shouldn't really bother you to much if they were fully installed.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds