56k modem prob

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by maddi, Jan 29, 2005.

1. maddi

maddi Private E-2

Yoo fellow freaks and geeks,

About 4 months ago I put a D-Link DU562M external modem (USB) on a computer running XP pro. The drivers aren't digitally signed but according to D-Link bypass that window all will be fine.

Immediately after install the "safely remove hardware" icon appeared in the task bar and has remained there ever since. When connected the modem pops, squeaks and squeals (hold still pig!!!!) sometimes it gets over it and works excellent most times keeps squeaking.

Use Zone alarm pro fire wall, (windows disabled) AVG free edition. Installed SP2 and since uninstalled, no change, run ad aware and spybot. Have perviously had external USB modem that ran fine. I'm using the latest availble drivers.

Please come to ma rescue

maddi

2. Dude1010101

Dude1010101 Corporal

i dun think calling people freaks is going to help u get your problem fixed :rolleyes:

3. maddi

maddi Private E-2

Take it easy Dude,

Its a compliment........ note the word fellow

4. Dude1010101

Dude1010101 Corporal

it was not taken offensivly to me ...geeks would had been fine....freaks is way too much. there are millions of people who like computers wich dose not make them or us all freaks :)

anyway!! ;)

5. maddi

maddi Private E-2

fair call Dude,
    :)
    Don't suppose you can help me with the problem......... its getting BL**dy worse

6. Havepint

Havepint Private E-2

Maddi I'm no computer genious, or even close to it. But it kinda looks like to me that you don't clearly state your problem. Is it a hardware or software problem you trying to adress here? And try to be a little more specific.

7. evilevets

evilevets Sergeant Major

Actually, I prefer freak over geek. I'm sort of a closet-geek. You know...too cool to be smart.

And yes, I'm aware that this post has nothing to do with your thread topic or question at hand.

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds