Extremely annoying graphical glitches - GeForce4MX 440 'GO'

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Vaerraent, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Vaerraent

Vaerraent Private E-2

Hello.

My computer specs are as follows:

3.06Ghz Pentium 4
    GeForce MX4 440 'GO' (Mobile version of the Geforce mx 440. I know, it's crap, but I can't upgrade my notebook...)
    512mb RAM
    Windows XP PRO

Well, that's the important stuff. The less important, and non significant specs are at http://support.packardbell.com/uk/mypc/index.php?PibItemNr=P920400501

Now. My problem is my graphics. On multiple games and programs I get an annoying vertically-split double screen. It looks like two monitors overlapping. I have tried to take a screenshot, but it just shows the game without that particular bug, but with a different bug... Have a look (That is the UNEDITED screenshot - I did not do anything but convert it to Gif!).

The problem only seems to be in effect in fullscreen mode. If I play it in window mode, there are no flaws. This only seems to happen if either the res or the color depth changes.

The following games and applications I have seem to have this problem:

Doom 3
    City of Heroes
    Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
    Living Cell 3D Screensaver

The following games I have do NOT have the problem:
    Morrowind
    Battlefield 1942
    JFK Reloaded
    All Valve 'Steam' games
    Vampire: Bloodlines
    FlatOut
    Pirates!
    SWAT 4: Multiplayer Demo

Thanks for your help, guys.

Vaerraent

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2005
  2. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

The picture ya posted, is what I'm looking at chopped off image/screen?
    Plus your getting some doubled screens?
    If so I'm thinking has to be driver problem, but some games are fine??? HUMM!

3. Vaerraent

Vaerraent Private E-2

The screenshot is exactly as shown. Chopped off screen and black bar all.

There's only really one driver I can use, which is the one I do use, but I already tried reinstalling and rebooting. It didn't do anything.

The doubled screens are kinda like what you get with a badly tuned TV channel - But instead of scrolling it stays in the same position.

4. Vaerraent

Vaerraent Private E-2

Bumpedy bump... I really need this fixed :/

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds