i am buliding a new computer for me need some input

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by N5638J, Jan 30, 2005.

1. N5638J

N5638J Guest

this is what i am going to put in it and its spec's what do yall think and please tell me ways i could inprove it thanks

ASUS P4SBX-X Mobo
    P4 3.6ghz with HT 800mhz FSB
    nVidia GeForce FX 5200 / 256MB / AGP 8X / VGA / DVI / TV Out / Video Card
    2gig ddr2100 ram
    WD 100gig hdd
    Sony 16X dvd-rom
    Lite-on 52x32x52x cd-rw
    floppy
    56k modem
    500watt PSU
    where can i order a killer case for this? i would like to get a clear case.
    i might do water cooling too

2. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

I like ASUS motherboards, but I'm not fond of SIS chipsets. Are you talking about their P4S8X-X? If so, it only supports up to 3.06 Ghz CPUs. You need a better board for that 3.6 Ghz Intel.

If you do any gaming whatsoever, I'd get a better video card. That one will seriously bottleneck any current games.

Also, for a few dollars more, I'd get a dual-layer DVD burner instead of the CD burner. Cost per disk isn't that much more, and the extra storage capacity per disk is huge. Lite-On makes good drives.

You probably don't need 2 gig of ram. One gig is more than enough for most everything you're likely to do. More that that won't help any. But get faster ram. PC2100 is way slow for that system, and faster ram will make a huge difference in performance. With a proper motherboard, you want at least PC3200 (DDR400) for that 800 Mhz front side bus system.

This should really be in the Hardware forum; it may get moved there by the Mods.

3. N5638J

N5638J Guest

oh ok well i will go down on the ram to 1gig and the processor i will get the 3.06GHz with HT with the 533mhz fsb i already have the cd-rw i am buying the mobo from KMAN and the video card is fine for now and it only cost $80 and after all this is going to be my first bulid

4. N5638J

N5638J Guest

i mis read the site for the mobo it says 3.02Ghz and up i thought it said the highest it could use was 3.02 with 533fsb so yes i am going to get a better one. and i found a case i like tell me what yall think and i was thinking of getting this for it too

5. N5638J

N5638J Guest

i wanted to say thanks for all yall anwsers i am trying to save money its going to be a gamming computer but i like to play old games new games dont same to be any good i like the flight sim games the best so would this system work good with like fs2004 or warbirds2005?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds