DNS or something Hijacked I think.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stewartrr, Jan 31, 2005.

1. stewartrr

stewartrr Private E-2

I am having a problem getting IE or Firefox to go to "http://finance.yahoo.com" My system (1 of 2) which is behind a Ugate-3200 firewall/switch is the one with the problem. The other system is fine.

When I try to ping "finance.yahoo.com" it times out at the address 66.94.228.229; but if I go to the good machine and do the ping it connects to 216.109.119.237. A much different place.

I have repaired the network connection without any improvement.

I did nslookup, and got:

Default Server: ns6.attbi.com
    Address: 63.240.76.4

> finance.yahoo.com
    Server: ns6.attbi.com
    Address: 63.240.76.4

Non-authoritative answer:
    Name: finance.yahoo2.akadns.net
    Address: 216.109.119.237
    Aliases: finance.yahoo.com

-----
    But if I ping finance.yahoo.com it trys 66.94.228.229

--------
    Both systems are running Win XP Pro.
    I have ZoneAlarm running, along with Spybot, Adaware SE, Spywareblaster, WinPatrol, SpywareGuard, BHODeamon2, AVG.

Anyone know where for me to look now.

2. stewartrr

stewartrr Private E-2

Some additional information - I ran HijackThis and found a 01 record with a Host redirect for "finance.yahoo.com".

Tried to fix it and got an error. Sent the error off to the programmer as requested.

More later.
    Rob

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds