NAT Port Forward/allow problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cobra, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Cobra

Cobra Private First Class

I have a Teletronics router that is really hard to configure. I am trying to get the traffic from outside the internet to be able to access the server on my machine inside the network. My ip adress inside the network is 192.168.1.5. Do I need port forwarding or allow. Do I need to do something with the masquerading and stuff like that? (this is a linux based router)

The manual is here http://teletronics.com/CPR_UM_v2x_v3x.zip

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated because I am really stuck and out of ideas.

The attchment has the syntax that I need to use

Attached Files:

2. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

You're being a little too general. For what you want, you would forward some ports. Although you need to be clear as to what you want. If you want ftp traffic to go to your server you'd forward ports 20 and 21. If you want to run a web site from your server you'd forward port 80. Maybe others if you wanted SSL.

At any rate you need to know what you want to forward before you can forward it.

3. Cobra

Cobra Private First Class

I need port 8000-8001 forwarded, and i need ports 6881-6889 forwarded

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds