2 SB Live Soundcards in 1 PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by squeaky2677, Feb 1, 2005.

1. squeaky2677

squeaky2677 Private E-2

Hi,

I have a P3 800, Win 2k PC and I have a Creative SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 soundcard installed. But I want to use a MixSense DJ package so I would like to install a slightly older Creative SoundBlaster Live! soundcard that I have aswell. What do I need to do to get them working together? Please help.

Thanks,

Squeaky.

2. MellowMan

MellowMan First Sergeant

not sure, are you asking if you can install two sound cards on your computer?
    if you are, I don't think that would work, because they would conflict with each other.

3. squeaky2677

squeaky2677 Private E-2

Yeah, I want to have the 2 soundcards installed at the one time. I have one in already but I want to add the other.

4. MellowMan

MellowMan First Sergeant

sorry I don't think it would work. your going to have to choose one or the other.

5. maxman_449

maxman_449 Private E-2

I run onboard sound as well as a soundblaster PCI 128 with no problems. I don't know if you can run 2 PCI soundcards on the same system. There is one way to find out. Install the first card normally, then disable it. Now install the other card. Now enable the first card. Go to the control panel and pick which card you want to use as your default soundcard, bear in mind that you can only use one card at a time. Let us know how it goes ;)

6. Senlac_Hill

Senlac_Hill Private E-2

You may want to take a look at the external USB SB Live that Creative offers.... Perhaps that **Might** help you out ???

7. cuzndupree

cuzndupree Private E-2

You may be able to but you would have to be able to choose the soundcard you want to use from the program options in your MixSense DJ package. If you've installed another soundcard and driver it should show up as an option in your audio program options.

8. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

The question was asked in early 2005! I think we can assume that the original poster either found a solution or might be using a different computer.

9. Senlac_Hill

Senlac_Hill Private E-2

Re: 2 SB Live Soundcards in 1 PC (Plodr)

Yep !!!

Yer eggs-ack-lee correct !

Didn't bother lookin' at the original post date when replying, was just thinking about helpin' out ya know.....

Notta biggee....

Have a good one.... ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds