Jump Drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Stygiis, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Stygiis

Stygiis Private First Class

Does anyone know if there is a way to get information off of a jump drive that the power leads seemed to have fried on.

I plug it in and get an error message that i have a power surge on my hub port.

This is my bosses jump drive and he just wants me to retrieve the data if at all possible.

Thanks in advance.

2. Phiarlan

Phiarlan Private E-2

Sounds like the jump drive is defective. Does the computer recognise the new hardware? Do you get a new dialog box when you insert the jump drive into the USB port? Which kinf of drive are you using? Lexar?

3. Stygiis

Stygiis Private First Class

It is a Cruzer mini 128mb. It is very much bad. When I plug it into the USB port I get the message "Power surge on Hub port. A USB device has exceeded the power limits of its hub port."

I popped open the drive to look at it and has a definite burn near the front of the board. I am sure there is no way to get the info from it but figured I would ask.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds