6600GT Gigabyte/Farcry Texture Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by karterjr, Feb 1, 2005.

1. karterjr

karterjr Private E-2

when i play farcry with the computer below some things are Extreamly Bright like anything instide or like out side stairs anything (Except humans,vehs,guns,...) is glowing..i tried lowering the brightness it don't even touch it... another note i had everything all the way up max and instead of shadows i had a HUGE black box...i lowered the shadow fror Max to Medium..it fixed it... But buildings are still glowing so bright...

2. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

All I can really suggest is check your drivers and directX version.

Also if you are using beta drivers you may want to go back to the last stable version to see if that helps.

Otherwise, you could check for an official patch for farcry, it may be a known issue.

3. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

you might also check the settings in your display properties ... I would set most things to application controlled ... then set AA settings from within the Far Cry options menu ... another could the gamma be messed up somehow? maybe resetting the gamma in the display settings might fix it? .. i know with my ATI drivers there is a panel in the display properties that adjusts it by certain variables(red, green, blue and by desktop or game and such) ... just a few ideas

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds