Computer Not Powering Up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Eklipz, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Eklipz

Eklipz Private E-2

My PC was running fine, then all of a sudden yesterday it completely shut down and wouldnt turn back on at all. I waited about an hour, and then it would turn on for a bit, but then it just completely powered off again, and now it wont turn back on at all. I am thinking it might be a faulty PSU or maybe the PC is overheating, but I was wondering if anyone here had any other suggestions before I go ripping things apart to try it with a different PSU.

Thanks for any help and/or suggestions.

2. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

I've had a similar issue, and it turned out to be the motherboard was dieing on me. Although I found if I didn't stress it out or do any gaming on it, it worked fine.

I never solved it beyond that. It's worth trying a diffrent PSU though. If that doesn't help try flashing the bios. The board I had this problem with was the ASUS A7V333. I just gave it to my dad who writes e-mails with it and it works great for him. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds