How do I run IIS FTP server thru cable modem?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tahuya_rat, Feb 2, 2005.

1. tahuya_rat

tahuya_rat Private E-2

Hey all.

I'm trying to run IIS FTP Server through my Motorola DCM245 cable modem, and not having much luck. I'm running XP Pro sp2, and my ISP is Comcast.

I changed the ftp port to 1601, and still no luck. I'm not trying to run a permanent FTP server, I'm just trying to get some home video files to my sister without having to split them up into five million tiny chunks and email them.

The server is definitely up and running fine, as I can access it through 127.0.0.1, but my real-world IP gets no joy.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

-tahuya_rat

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

if you can get to it via loop back then
    1. You may have a firewall blocking it
    2. Port may not be forwarded to the host
    3. Modem may not support loop back via the internet.

3. tahuya_rat

tahuya_rat Private E-2

Well, that would sure be a bummer! (#3, that is). If that's the case, would you (or anyone else out there, for that matter), know of a decent private P2P app that we could both install and send the files that way? Something a bit more robust and specific than, say, MSN Messenger.

Thanks for the quick feedback, kodo!

4. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds