Replacing Glass in Scanner

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mitousmom, Feb 2, 2005.

1. mitousmom

mitousmom Private E-2

I broke the glass plate in my Visioneer 9000 flatbed scanner. Can I replacement it? If so, where can I obtain the replacement part? Visioneer says it doesn't provide replacement glass; instead, it says to upgrade to a new scanner!

Thanks

2. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

If your scanner is still under warranty/guarantee then you should contact them about that. If not then you'll have to do as they say...

or you could try fitting some glass of yourself, wouldn't recommend it though.

3. mitousmom

mitousmom Private E-2

Thanks Macadam88 for your quick response. Unfortunately, the scanner is not now under warranty. I don't think I have the temperment or the skills to try to fit and replace the glass. I suspect I'll have to purchase another one. It wouldn't be a Visioneer though. It seems that other PC scanner manufacturers do provide replacement parts, including glass plates.

4. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

I personally, would recommend Canon for their great price, quality and ease of use. The images I scan in are good and it doesn't take long to scan images in. I've heard that Epson also make some nice models...

5. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

You could check on ebay. I bought a replacement touchscreen for my Palm IIIc for like $20.

6. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Check with local glass shop, worst thing can happen they wont help ya, or charge an arm & leg.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds