Printer Won't Print

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Speck, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Speck

Speck Private E-2

The printer won't print. It lets me go to print, but than does nothing at all. Can anyone give me a clue to what's going on???

2. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

What does it show when you look at the printer in the "Printers and Faxes" menu in windows? WHat does it say on the printer? Are you sure the printer has all the cords pluggedin, along with paper and ink? Are you also sure you have told it to print to a physical printer and not something like the "office image writer" or something that just prints to a file.

3. Speck

Speck Private E-2

It prints to something real yes. I know it's not printing to a file for sure....everything seems to be hooked up properly....everthing seems normal...except options...it won't let me select different print frames...the selected print frame...I think is...all frames individually. Don't know if that helps though....

4. dedub

dedub Corporal

If it is hooked up and you are sure that the Printer selected in options as the default printer then I would simply shut off everything to include your OS. Do not restart, total shut down. fire up the computer and let it boot completely, then turn on your printer. Once everything has settled down try and print. By shutting Windoze down youll clear any and all .dll files and what ever else might be be preventing windows from printing left in memory. By turning off your printer for a minute or so you'll clear the buffer that that might be full of junk from all your prior attempts.

OK, try and print now??????????????????????

If it didnt work............. What I would do now is reinstall the driver and aplicable software.

let us know.........

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds