Blank screen after startup?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SaraHearn22, Feb 3, 2005.

1. SaraHearn22

SaraHearn22 Private E-2

Ok everything was running fine last night when I went to bed. So this morning I get up load up the computer, try to play Ultima Online and it says there is an error patching and it closes down. So I run scan disk, that doesnt work so I uninstall the game and reinstall it. Its still not working! So I do a system restore to yesterday and thats when it happened! It shows the windows loading screen and windows xp screen but then everything goes black and all I can see it my mouse cursor! WTF? I tried going into safemode and the same thing happened expect I saw the safe mode writing in the corners of my screen. Whats up with this? And can I fix it? I have tons of my babies pictures on my computer that I cant afford to lose! They are all I have!

2. g1lgam3sh

g1lgam3sh MajorGeek

Try Last Known Good Configuration instead of Safe Mode

3. SaraHearn22

SaraHearn22 Private E-2

Last known good config didnt work either! Nothing on the f8 screen worked for me! I just installed a new video card 2 weeks ago, could that be it? it was working fine though so I dont know??

4. g1lgam3sh

g1lgam3sh MajorGeek

5. SaraHearn22

SaraHearn22 Private E-2

Ok I cant post the specs because that way because I cant get on my computer remember :) All I know is that its an HP Pavillion 9870, 60gb hard drive, 512mb ram, umm... The new video card I installed is a uhhh, crap I have no clue damnit...Im sorry, this probably doesnt help much :(

6. Ruebarb

Ruebarb Private First Class

Did you upgrade the video card from an on-board video?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds