SATA tip

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sebass, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Sebass

Sebass Private E-2

Just thought I would post this here as this was my only problem during my computer build...

XP install would not recognize my 200GB Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SATA 150 HDD after I ran Maxblast and whatever...I had to go to my older computer and put in the motherboard setup disk and find the utilities for the RAID chipset of my MB and use the "makedisk" function to apply the drivers...then when Windows install boots you press F6 and then wait until it loads some more stuff and then select "s" and put the disk in the a:\ drive and ther you have it, perfect recognition and everything...if this was confusing let me know and I can clarify it better but I was stuck on this crap for almost the entire day and now I have my wonderful system up and running...about to play some LOTR BFME to see what this baby is capable of...I'll post system specs and results in a much longer thread later on tonight or tomorrow but wanted to throw this tip out there while it was fresh...

2. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

That is the normal way to do it, Although each MOBO brand & model differ somewhat.

Not all mobos cd have the make disk tool.

Usually the mobo CD contains a read me file that has directions for SATA drivers & installation

Or on another PC download the sata from the mobo manufactures web & apply to floppy.

Abit mobo's provide SATA drivers on a floppy, too bad all mobo manufactures dont do that.

When you have to manually apply SATA drivers to floppy, always remember to unzip before appling.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds