Early Experience with AMD 64 3000+

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sebass, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Sebass

Sebass Private E-2

MB: ASUS K8V-E Deluxe K8T890

CPU: Athlon 64 3000+

HSF: Venus 12 (Installed manual control knob under floppy drive) w/ AS5

Case: Broadway Comp Corp 712-4HLW-BK

Case has the bubble front in blue with side acrylic with TT 80mm blue led fan, as well as the same out the back, both aftermarket...out the acrylic top is a TT smart 80 mm blue led fan installed with optional PCI control knob...pretty sure the first 2 fans run at about 2000 RPM with the smart fan going up around 5000...case is small with little direction but I think with the all blue it turned out pretty nice looking...now if I could get someone to reduce the cable clutter...

Have this OC to 10% above the 1.8 frequency...MB did this for me as I am new to the OC world and am getting Idle temps anywhere from 37-39 c depending on RPM of fan and at full RPM running LOTR BFME no higher than 42 c and that was barely...once I figure out these settings I am going to go up another notch on the OC and see what I can do...eventually the AS5 will take full effect and I should have even better temps...I did attempt to lap the HSF before installing although I did not put in the time and effort to totally get the mirrorlike finish I did the job pretty good...first time using AS5 so I was a little wary not to put too much on but I think I got enough on there to do what it is supoosed to do...

Comments and questions welcomed as I am learning about this as the time goes by...

2. Ruebarb

Ruebarb Private First Class

Was their an actual question?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds