Setting up laptop for domain and workgroup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by clikens, Feb 4, 2005.

1. clikens

clikens Private E-2

I have a laptop that is running win xp pro. I travel back and forth between two corporate offices. Office one is set up with a domain and a static IP, and office two is a workgroup with a static IP. I have two different network configurations set up in advanced network properties. How do I set up to have both the domain and workgroup in the system properties, computer name tab.

2. clikens

clikens Private E-2

Please Help

3. Stygiis

Stygiis Private First Class

To be honest you can only have one or the other.

You are part of a domain or a workgroup, but not both at the same time.

4. clikens

clikens Private E-2

The office with the workgroup is running windows 2000 server. Can we set a domain for the 1 laptop, or is it one or the other?

5. Stygiis

Stygiis Private First Class

Not completely fimilar with server, yet, but if I remember correctly in order to set a domian you have to run active directory, which can only be done during set up of the OS, which would mean redoing the entire server, and I believe the same issue is here as well, one or the other.

Sorry

6. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

In WinXP Pro you can define two connetion profile.

If you need more than two this might help: www.netswicher.com

:cool:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds