Question...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by txga, Feb 4, 2005.

1. txga

txga Private E-2

I have a regular PC and a laptop at home. My PC has a cable modem internet connection, while my laptop isn't connected to the internet at all.

I was wondering if there was a way that I could get my laptop hooked up so that it could have the internet on it without having to pay for a seperate connection for it.

2. Dude1010101

Dude1010101 Corporal

of corse there is! you have several options.

1)[easiest] buy a wireless router(router shares the internet) and a wireless card if your laptop don't have one. you can connect your regular pc threw ethernet and wirlessly connect your laptop, or wire up your laptop.
    2) depending on how you pc is hooked up to the modem you can share the internet threw your PC if your modem is hooked up threw USB then share with ethernet.

let us know what kind of computer u got and if you are willing to spend anything. also what is your level of knoladge in comptuers? just so we have an understanding on how to help u

3. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds