PCChips M916 CMOS Settings Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Eklipz, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Eklipz

Eklipz Private E-2

I just finished building a new computer with the following specs:

PCChips M916 Motherboard
    Pentium 4 2.26ghz Processor
    512MB PC3200 Ram
    Radeon 9600 Graphics Card
    10GB Maxtor Harddrive (Old, getting a new one soon)

Now, I set it up and put it all together fine. When I go to power it on, it tells me my CMOS settings are incorrect, and sends me to the setup utility. At first I tried default values, which apparently did not work. I tried to boot with the default settings, and it didnt work - no picture on the monitor, keyboard doesn't light up, no motherboard posting, etc. So I clear the CMOS via the jumper, and try again. It brings me back to the CMOS setup, and I try some different settings. So far, no matter what I try, it will not work. Given my current system specifications, is there anything special I need to do to get the CMOS settings right? So far I can't really find anything I need to change other than changing the date and time.

Thanks for any help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds