AMD Athlon XP-M 2500+ (649MHz???)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sid_wheat, Feb 6, 2005.

1. sid_wheat

sid_wheat Private E-2

i'm confused and hope someone can help. I was told that my laptop is are 1.8GHz, but when I run check out my specs with various programs they all register 649MHz...!

Is there a way that I can get it to run at the full 1.8GHz that its supposed to be????

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Hm. Check bios settings for multiplier settings. I think the M series has unlocked multipliers, so you can change the settings "on the fly", for power savings. Strange.... that looks like a multipler value of 2.5, where it should be about 9 i think?

3. sid_wheat

sid_wheat Private E-2

i went into the bios but couldn't find anything about multipliers. I'm running a packard bell easy note. Can I download something which will let me change the multipliers?

4. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Ah.

Hm.. Have you got the FSB set correctly? I think it should be 333 for that chip, but check that against the product details.

5. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

actually since its mobile, its 266FSB (133 core clock in the BIOS) with a mulitplier of x14, effective clock is claimed to be 1867mhz.

so 133x14 = roughly 1862.

6. sid_wheat

sid_wheat Private E-2

Thanks guys, but how do I change the settings?

7. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

what programs are you measuring it with? CPUz and everest are good ... if you right click my computer>properties in the general tab should tell you

8. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

the settings can be changed in the system's BIOS (system setup when the computer first boots).

you can usually get into the BIOS by pressing Delete or f2 when the system turns on, but this varies by manufacturer.

9. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

Packard Bell? I thought they were bought out by HP or something quite a few years ago... Were they even around when AMD was making Athlon XP-M 2500s?

Is this an upgrade? If so, your computer probably doesn't support that processor...

10. Pudding

Pudding Private E-2

I have AMD xp 3000+ and its underclocking at 1.29GHz i need help setting the bios, it gets very warm too, even at only 1.29GHz its running upto 65.0c ....think goldfish could help me, if so instant message me on yahoo name pudding thanks, im using abit an7 uguru and 400 watt power supply and 1 stick of 512ddr 400 speed i think samsung and a 256 one aswell, everything in my cpu is new really.

11. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

you should probably make a new thread on this in the hardware section.

however, the Athlon XP 3000+ has quite a few variations... and we need to know which one you have to tell you the right settings.

1) 3000+ Barton 333mhz FSB (166FSB x13) ~= 2.167 Ghz
    2) 3000+ Barton 400mhz FSB (200FSB x10.5) ~= 2.1 Ghz
    3) Sempron 3000+ 333mhz FSB (166FSB x12) ~= 2.0 Ghz

12. Pudding

Pudding Private E-2

i have learned a little more and now shes running at the right settings i think, its a model 10 Athlon AMD xp (tm) it should run at 166 x 13 i think making it 2.16GHz but its running at temp's of 65.c + and voltage is at 1.67 or there abouts , new fan, i got 5 in it lol guess i leave the AGP at 66 ... i dunno

13. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Just a simple idea make sure the power cord is plugged in to charge the battery or it will underclock itself to save the battery.

14. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Then check the cpu speed

15. Pudding

Pudding Private E-2

i think im going to try and make counter propelling blades on my fan, use 2 TR2-M2 SE fans, the top one needs to be spinning clock wise but pulling the air through so the other fan spinning anti clock wise gets a better grip on the air flow, i dunno, any better ideas

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds