LAN Connection interupts

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by R32_Beast, Feb 8, 2005.

1. R32_Beast

R32_Beast Private E-2

Hey guys im new here and im looking for a little help. Our Network Consits of 14 Client Pc's and 1 Windows 2000 Server. The Hardware on this network is Westell DSL modem a Linksys BEFSR41 Router and 2 Linksys EZXS16W 16-Port Workgroup Switches. Our Server hosts a Database file for Quickbooks that 5 local clients connect to. Thru out the day these clients will lose the connection to that database stored on the sever. This only started happening since we added the router. I went to into the NIC settings on the router and changed the Power Management options. Is there any additonal settings that need to be changed to keep a constant alive connection to the Server on our network? I tried linksys support and they werent that much help. Thanks in advance.

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

I do not know how your Router is connected.

Windows200 server probably assigns IPs to the computer and mange the network.

If your Routers DHCP is On it might "Sc** Up" the IP assignment system. It even might be that the Router’s IP is Not of the same band as the Windows Server.

Make sure that there is only one IP assignment and No conflicts between the Router and the Windows Server.

:cool:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds