play my pc on my tv how?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bigblokey0, Feb 8, 2005.

1. bigblokey0

bigblokey0 Private E-2

ive got a radeon 9550 graphics card and its got an s-video to phono lead with it and i wanna wire it up to the tv but how do i do this do i use a phono lead or does it have to be an s-video to s-video lead? im confussed plz help

2. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

what do you mean phono? are you referring to an RCA jack? if your TV has S-Video then just use the S-Video cable and set it up through the monitor wizard in the display control panel

3. Ruebarb

Ruebarb Private First Class

I'm not sure what you mean by phono, but if it has an S-video out, then you should be able to connect it to your TV via s-video cable. Change the input on the TV (input/video menu) to the S-video. Keep in mind, you are not going to have anything near the quality you have on a monitor.

4. bigblokey0

bigblokey0 Private E-2

there is no s-video socket on my tv

the s-video socket on the graphics card converts to an rca female socket in which i plug in a male rca plug and on the other end of that is a male rca plug which plugs into the tv somewhere but where ??

5. Ruebarb

Ruebarb Private First Class

You need a video in, either one in back or one in the front pannel of the TV, should be a yellow video in port.

6. CS Addict

CS Addict Private E-2

If you don't have S video on your TV, then you are doomed. Even if you did, i'd say don't bother. With S video, the picture quality is ok, but not that good. The best way to do it is with DVI. Most newer video cards have one or two DVI outs. I don't think yours does though. I use DVI with my bigscreen LCD and it works like a charm (mostly, but thats another post). Newer games allow you to take full advantage of the digital cables too, with 16:9. Doom3 and Half Life 2 are insane!!!!

7. SneakyPanda

SneakyPanda Private E-2

if u have S-Video, use it for videos and such. my monitor is like 4-5 years old and from gateway at that, so when i hooked up the s video from the radeon card to my tv i nearly creamed my pants. an example is the wc3 frozen throne startup, the video in the begining was clear at an uncomparable level. id reccomened using S-Video to ur tv if your comfortable with the TV thing and/or have a bad monitor, like me.

8. CS Addict

CS Addict Private E-2

Use S-video for movies, but it's no good for games or anything with graphical demands. (is graphical a word?) If you have it, DVI is the way to go.

9. bigblokey0

bigblokey0 Private E-2

im only wanting to use my tv to watch movies not play games and my tv has a yellow rca phono socket but ive tried plugging it up using that to the graphics card but i get no picture

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds