ASUS P4P800 SE and AGP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by peoples, Feb 9, 2005.

1. peoples

peoples Private E-2

Hi everyone. I been looking all over the place, and I can't seem to figure out why AGP is disabled on my comp.

I have the following hardware:

ASUS P4P800 SE motherboard
    Intel 3.0 ghz northwood processor
    eVGA GeForce 6800 AGP
    512 MB PC3200 RAM
    Antec 480 Watt PSU

3D Benchmark 03 and 05 both run like a** on my comp ( I literally get like 300 in '05, which I personally find to be too low). Everest, AIDA, and WCPUID all confirm that AGP is disabled, and the video card is present in the list of PCI devices. Something is jacked up, and any help would be enormously appreciated.

2. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

AGP is a physical slot type. If you have an AGP card and you're seeing stuff in windows then theAGP slot is working.

If you have a PCI card and you're trying to get it to show as AGP, well, that isn't possible. It sounds like you have a PCI card though. Which means the solution is buy an AGP card if you want to use an AGP slot.

3. peoples

peoples Private E-2

No, it's definately an AGP card, and it's definately in the AGP slot. But at the same time, the three diagnostic programs I mentioned all confirm that AGP is disabled, and performance on my machine is less that what I expected (for example, the GeForce 6800 demos from nVidia run terribly...even the 6200 demos run like crap).

4. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

And what card is actually in the system?

5. peoples

peoples Private E-2

Like I said before, it's a GeForce 6800.

6. juzam01

juzam01 Private E-2

Same problem here, but different hardware.

In my case, i suspect the problem is between the BIOS or the OS, i have tried installing the video drivers that the mobo recommends but to no avail.

My other mobo is ASUS, i believe there is an option there under Chip Configuration - AGP Capability [4x mode] try this and see if it works.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds