I need help in picking out a Combo, Plz help me.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Alex85, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Alex85

Alex85 Private E-2

Hows it goin? Well I need help picking out a new mother board and processor combo. I was told to go with an intel mother board and an intel processor, and somebody told me to go with an Asus and AMD or Pentium it didnt matter. But i am not sure which one to choose. I have Corsair PC3200 DDR SD Ram 2- 512 chips. I just need something that is compatible with this so i wont have to go buy myself a new ram. Someone told me to go with this...P4C800-E Deluxe -Intel 875P MCH/ICH5R Chipset 400/533/ 800 FSB DDR400 LAN 1AGPPro8X 5PCI Audio ATX with cpu - Pentium 4 3.0GHz Prescott 1MB CACHE 800FSB 478 Pin W/Heatsink & Fan Complete Combo Kit. Then someone else told me to get this...Intel D915GAVL I915G LGA775 up to 4GB Dual Channel DDR400 1 PCIe x16 4 PCI 2 PCIe x1 6-ch Audio Intel GMA900 Video LAN SATA USB 2.0 ATX with cpu - Pentium 4 530 3.0GHz LGA775 800FSB Heatsink Fan Combo. I am not sure which to go with. But id really appreciate it if someone could help me out. Thanx. :)

2. Alex85

Alex85 Private E-2

Someone plz help!

3. Rage2K

Rage2K Private E-2

All you have is the RAM? No video card or anything else? You have different types of video interfaces there. AGP and PCI Express. What are you gonna use the computer for... gaming or what? Most heavy into games will go AMD over Intel. Google search about the differences between the 2 and decide for yourself. Plus in the end it depends on your budget so....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds