HELP! building PC problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by angrymouse182, Feb 9, 2005.

1. angrymouse182

angrymouse182 Private E-2

Hi, I have just built my first PC but when I turn on the power it just beeps 4 times and turns itself off. The fans start and so does everything but nothing is displayed on the moniter. The spec of my system is:

AV8 3rd eye motherboard
    AMD 65 3500
    2x 512mb ram
    sony dvd-rw drive
    HIS excalibur 5550 256mb
    MAxtor 160gb hd

Please reply with any suggestions, it willl be very greatly appreciated

Eamonn

2. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

I'm trying to get the user manual online, but the link seems to be broken.

until i can find a copy... you should look in your manual for the Beep Error Codes. 4 beeps should mean something.

also, try swapping the RAM around the slots. make sure you are running it in dual channel since you have two sticks, follow the instructions on which slots to put them in. Colors dont always indicate the same channel.

check everything to make sure they are all plugged in.

i'll keep looking

3. cmj2k2

cmj2k2 Private E-2

When I have problems after building a computer, i use this method.

Take out everything that you don't need to turn the computer on.

Disconnect the cd, floppy, HD. Try turning it on. Then just do one thing at a time after that to figure out what is causing the problem.

Nice computer you have there too )

4. angrymouse182

Thanks a lot I'll try both of those options and see how it goes, I'll post back on here soon

Cheers again

5. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Hi angry ... On the third eye you need to use the extra Power lead ... its a small 4 connector that goes into Mobo slot near the PSU...

6. Ruebarb

Ruebarb Private First Class

Does the video card have the extra pin connector?

7. angrymouse182

Thanks a lot, I didn't see the extra 4 pin power connecter. I've now plugged it in and everything works perfectly.Thanks for all your help

Eamonn

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds