Internet Security

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by clikens, Feb 9, 2005.

1. clikens

clikens Private E-2

Is there a way to restrict internet connection to a select list of sites and
    e-mail only, if so please tell me. Thanks

2. AndrewVolz

AndrewVolz Private E-2

Yes, block everything then add just the sites you want to which access should be allowed to the trusted sites list. This can all be done under tools in internet explorer.

3. clikens

clikens Private E-2

Is there a way to make this password protected

4. dedub

dedub Corporal

Of course there is and its built right into IE. go to Tools, internet options and then the content tab. Enable the content adviser and a new window will appear. Under the RSACi ensure the sliders for sex, nudity, language and violence are all slid to the left. Next, go to the general tab and make sure that the user can see sites that have no rating is UNCHECKED and the password is checked. Create a password with the button just below that and move on to the Approved sites tab, that part is self explanitory. Now, no pages will display unless it is in your list OR you type in the password. Good luck.

5. clikens

clikens Private E-2

Thanks!

6. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Ratings only work if the site supports ratings. I don't know about you, but if I was running a pRon site, (not only would I be rich) but I sure as hell wouldn't support ratings on my site. That reduces my exposure.

you may want to try something like this
    http://weblocker.fameleads.com/

7. dedub

dedub Corporal

I understand that but by having the certificate unchecked will take care of the sites that dont have ratings. I have been using this technique for years with my eight year old and (knock on wood), it's been flawless. All he gets is discovery, nick jr, disney ect....

8. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Kind of a backwards way of doing things.. but hey, if it works for you..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds