too much ram?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mannock, Feb 9, 2005.

1. mannock

mannock Private E-2

how much memory is best, can you have too much? i'm waiting for delivery of an asus A8N-SLI Deluxe, but haven't ordered the ram yet. looking at the prices and specs it seems like i could get 4 512mb sticks of basic 3200 for the same price as 2 sticks of 512mb fast stuff. what's best for gaming and would 4 sticks run dual channel? i don't particularly want to overclock.
    other components will be x850xt graphics card, amd 3500 cpu, 2 sata barracudas in raid 0, xp pro.

2. ktiz

ktiz Corporal

ur building like the same comp as me, With that board too! obviously the faster ram, the better, however I agree, that 2Gb of ram should be enough at that speed. I think that board runs in dual channel, I know 1 pair will... as for both... I'm not to sure, i haven't had a board yet with 4 slots. I will soon find out... Let me know! I think it will tho.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds