CMOS Setup opens without request

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SchoolTech, Feb 10, 2005.

1. SchoolTech

SchoolTech Private E-2

dear computer literate community,

I am having trouble with one of the computers i work with. Whether del is pressed or not which prompted, the CMOS setup continually opens, disallowing me to do anything else with the computer. how do i fix this?

It may be of use to know that i reset the CMOS using the jumper on the motherboard in order to fix another problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou enlightened folk.

2. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Might be possible the delete key is sticking on your Keyboard, try to clean or try another Keyboard.

Boot up go into bios/Cmos setup, Check all settings adj as needed, If you have option in Bios too Reset Configuration Data enable it, then make sure you save & exit.
    Here is Free Bios Guide to help with most settings:
    http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?location=7&var1=18

One question, you reset Cmos to fix another problem, What was the other problem? if the above doesnt solve, just woundering incase original problem might be related?

3. King Edward

King Edward Private E-2

Are you saying when you start the computer, it goes to the CMOS setup screen, and after you save settings, it will finish loading, and prompt to adjust your clock, only to go to the setup screen again the next time you boot the computer? Or is the setup screen as far as it will load? If the former is the case, your CMOS battery is dead. If the latter........

4. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

just t clarify, you put the Jumper back to the default 1-2 position after clearning CMOS, right?

5. SchoolTech

SchoolTech Private E-2

thankyou all kindly, twas indeed a naughty keyboard.

the original problem was that a student/little shit had placed a password for the CMOS Setup and the computer would automatically load up the setup. I soon realised the password was no problem, it was the automatically loading up to the setup.

And yes, the jumper is in the correct position.

However, all is well now... another amazing adventure complete

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds