RAM not being accepted

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DaveMan, Feb 11, 2005.

1. DaveMan

DaveMan Private E-2

can anyone please help me I have a big problem, I just bought RAM for my HP computer and it will not accept it. It is SDRAM PC 100 256MB, my computer is a HP Vectra VLi8. whenever I put in the new stick it comes up with this error messege: "System32\Drivers\Ntfs.Sys has been corrupted put in the startup disk to fix this problem". someone please help I've tried everything.

thanks.

2. Ciz

Ciz Corporal

So your computer still works with your old RAM?

I have read other forums where RAM was the cause, some say about Modem Drivers (the list goes on)...

I would just suggest taking the RAM back and getting a new one, if your comp works with the old stick that is, as I should think it more that likley that it is the culprit.

3. DaveMan

DaveMan Private E-2

okay thx, Ill try returning it, and plus the guy at the store told me it some brands might not work on this aprticular computer, so I'm getting a different barnd.

thanks alot.

well see what happens.

and ya my old ram does work with the computer.

4. Ciz

Ciz Corporal

No problem, and if you still have difficulties just post back and someone will help ya

all the best

-Ciz

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds