Logging DSL activity

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dedub, Feb 11, 2005.

1. dedub

dedub Corporal

Prior to my current DSL I had Cable with a linksys router. It was fairly easy to monitor all activity in and out of the router real time to include web sites visited , port probes and scans from the outside. Since I switched to DSL I was given a ZyXel modem which in itself acts like a Bridge and runs a private IP on the other side as opposed to the cable modem. For this reason I cannot monitor traffic coming in to see if Im being probed or being scanned. The ZyXel modem does have an internal IP with a web GUI but nothing to look at traffic real time. Does anyone know of any utility software or any type of tricks to get to what Im looking for?

Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds