who makes the best mobo's 'now'

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by madscott, Feb 11, 2005.

1. madscott

madscott Private E-2

for AMD and Intel as I am not convinced what direction I'm going. and what mobo's are the best, taking advantage of current technology. (price limited to the $200-300's) I was in favor of a good ASUS P5ad2-e, but rethinking the whole asus and intel thing, looking for some good top end suggestions for research and comparison! gonna build a high end rig!!!
    I do some gaming and some video looking for a mobo that takes advantage of current and perhaps near future technology! video cards are next, so keep SLI boards in mind as well

2. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

while tomshardware.com will give you more info than I ever could ... my opinion follows ... im sure others will have their own

Seems Asus is best for stability and overall performance ... if you want to overclock you want an Abit ... MSI is another good performer and I've heard good things about Gigabyte but i'm not buying from them untill they do something about their horrendous website ... in the end, just like with ATI/nVidia or Intel/AMD i think it really comes down to personal preference

3. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

4. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

Abit and MSI are good overclockers but if you whant the best overclocking mobo period. Go for the DFI lanparty series thay may be a bit tricky to get setup and iv heard thay demand a good PSU. But are suposed to be the best OCers on the planet next to Abit .....And thay look sweet to ;) ...

Attached Files:

5. help

help Corporal

The best MOBO's are by Asus and Gigabit (never buy a MOBO from ECS), when looking, look for a Mobo from these companies that support SLI and PCI-E, other things you should look for is if they have at least 5 PCI Slots,AGP, enough firewire, USB, ports, also look for one that support SATA (ATA/IDE @ 133Mb/s , while SATA @ 150MB/s with Raid 0 Config)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds