Trigem Motherboard and Video Cards!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by darkfury22, Feb 12, 2005.

1. darkfury22

darkfury22 Private E-2

Hello, I am new to the forum so if If this post has been answered somehwere else, please forgive me. Well first of all, I have a Trigem motherboard which came with my HP Pavilion PC a305w. I have a 2.7 ghz processor. I have DirectX 9.0c. 760 ram. But I have a Intel Graphics card which really sucks so I want to get a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro or Nvidea GeForce graphics card. Will these go into my motherboard? Please help!

2. darkfury22

darkfury22 Private E-2

Sorry to double post but I have to add something. I have a Intel 845GL chipset which has graphics functions up to 64 mb on it. I also want to know if Nvidea or ATI radeon would work with it or is there a way to disable it?

3. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

4. darkfury22

darkfury22 Private E-2

Wait... what are PCI cards then, and will they help my graphics?

5. darkfury22

darkfury22 Private E-2

SOrry to double post agai but there is no edit option. Well here it goes, what is the best motherboard which supports a 2.7 ghz intel processor? and also supports Nvidea or ATI graphics cards? Please help guys!

6. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

in order to do that you'd probably have to replace your case ... as you have a mini-ATX ... the easiest would be to get an ATI 9200 PCI card or nVidia 5200 PCI card ... your system wasn't really designed for gaming

7. darkfury22

darkfury22 Private E-2

Well if I get 1 of those PCI Cards will I be able to play high-end games such as Project Entropia or Star Wars Galaxies?

8. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

you probably will ... just not at high settings ... most likely you'd have to turn them to low/mid or so ... as well as turn down the res

9. darkfury22

darkfury22 Private E-2

Well I'm getting a ATI Radeon 9250 PCI Card with 256 MB DDR. Will this make Project-Entropia or Star Wars Galaxies work at high options?

10. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

im not familiar with either game but from looking at the min and recommended specs star wars galaxies doesn't require too much horsepower you might be able to set it to high ... but if you are playing online I would set it lower than what your machine can actually do ... at any rate I would set them to mid at max cause you want a descent frame rate and I don't think you'll get that at high settings with your setup

I couldn't find the min specs of Project-Entropia ... so I would have no idea

11. darkfury22

darkfury22 Private E-2

Well Project ENtropia's site is project-entropia.com. Then go to download and ull see specs. It says only supports ATI Radeon and nVidia GeForce graphic cards. Does this mean it will work on my machine if I get the PCI card?

12. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

again I wouldn't expect to play at higher than low maybe mid specs at highest ... especially considering they are online

13. darkfury22

darkfury22 Private E-2

Help! Pyrate someone!!! I just got a ATI Radeon 9250. AFter trying to install it says to disable the Intel 845GL Graphics controller. How do i do that?!!?? I don't know anything about BIOS! HELP!

14. Flagg24

Flagg24 Private E-2

Go to your device manager (bring up start menu, right click on my computer, click on hardware tab, then click device manager). When it brings up the list of your devices, click on display adapters. If you have already installed your ATI then that will be showing as well as the one for the onboard which may say intel graphics blah blah blah or something similar (may also just say standard vga adapter, etc.). Right click on the onboard device and then select disable. Reboot your system and that should take care of it.

I have the same exact computer as you. If you need a little more help, email me off the boards at flagg24@sbcglobal.net.

I just upgraded my comp to a BFG nVidia 5500 OC.

I think you may notice some performance issues remain even after the upgrade. Mainly due (IMHO, but I could be wrong) due to the celeron processor. I currently have a thread up on the board here asking for help on upgrading the processor, so check out that thread too.

15. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

at the HP splash hit the F1 key(or whatever it prompts you) ... in the advanced menu there should be a setting to disable your AGP slot/graphics

go HERE for a more detailed explaination of your BIOS ... also www.ati.com should have info

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds