HELP.....!!! keyboard malfunction

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hamid, Feb 12, 2005.

1. hamid

hamid Private E-2

I have a Toshiba satellite 1000-Z2
    for some reason some keys do not work, like left arrow, q, w, e, r, u, i, o, p

but other keys work ok.

i have tried the following:

1- virus scanned (not dipped it in Isopropyl alcohol yet!!)
    2- reinstalled the system (lost everything in the process :(
    3- went on Toshiba wesite downloaded the BIOS and ran that (by the way the instructions says put it in a bootable 3.5 disk and hold F12 while turning the computer on and everything is doen automatically thereafter!!! dont you believe it, it just booted in DOS and prompted me at A: but did not run the .BAT file that came from Toshiba's website. Well I am not that stupid, why did I not run it myself you ask..... The file was called TWO2.BAT
    With some keys not working..... well you can guess. SO I went back into windows and used the virtual keyboard and changed the file's name to T2.BAT and rebooted, typed T2, ran the prog for installing BIOS, blah, blah.. blah...

(STILL HAVE the same problem)

4- I though i check if the keyboard driver was updated. All I found was the keyboard driver that is from microsoft windows and its date is prior to the date of the BIOS that I have just "supposedly" installed!!!!

WHO CAN HELP.... any ideas?

2. MellowMan

MellowMan First Sergeant

if some keys are working and some aren't then you have a defective keyboard, not a software problem :(

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds