analogx program

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jak3y, Feb 12, 2005.

1. jak3y

jak3y Guest

well i thought id be a smartass and use all kinds of programs (ones listed here) to clean up my computer etc...etc...worked fine and beautiful (thanks guys)...however i went one step beyond in a stupid move and used dllarchive (analogx.com) apparently it removes unwanted dead dll files with no links.

it found a lot but then in fear of screwing something up, i restored them, had a window pop up "windows file protection" prompting me to put the orignal win-cd because DLLarchive removed some dll files and windows didnt recognize the replacements, etc.etc...called microsoft for support. tech guy was patient and good, said i was fine, so i rebooted, but outta curiosity, anyone recognize these files?
    mdimon.dll found in C:\WINDOWS\system32
    mdippr.dll found in C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\prtprocs\w32x86\
    atmfd.dll found in C:\WINDOWS\system32
    ati3duag.dll found in C:\WINDOWS\system32
    ati2dvag.dll found in C:\WINDOWS\system32

the support guy said the first 2 were part of a trojan virus/program or something along those lines...computer restarted fine and he said if there were any problems with missing dll files i would have seen the blue screen with error messages on it...thanks for reading this.........

2. jak3y

jak3y Guest

well i restored most of them, except for some reason these guys are still sitting in the archives and when i click restore highlighted, they dont restore lol.

i may contact analogx see what they say.
    but thanks for the reply.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds