Browser Is Slowing Down

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AMerica, Feb 13, 2005.

1. AMerica

AMerica Private E-2

As of late, I have been experiencing a rapid decline in the speed of my browser (Mozilla Firefox). About two weeks ago, my Verizon DSL had this weird routine of losing connection and then the next day it would have connection but everything from the browser to my online games would be slowed down considerably. My DSL is now working and is not losing connection, however, my browser is still very slow and my gaming experience lags out everytime I try to play online. I've updated and ran Spybot, AdAware, and Nortons Anti-Virus only to find nothing. I've even cleared he histroy, internet cache, and emptyed out everything in the recycle bin and stuff but still it does not seem to help. Please help me.

2. Larium

Larium Private E-2

Im having the exact same problem as of today and am also interested in the answer.....

3. 44039

44039 Private First Class

You may want to run a "speed test" to check your DSL connection. DSL Reports has some links to a few good ones ...

http://www.dslreports.com/stest

Run several different test, and also run them at different times of the day, as those servers can get really busy, so you will want to take an average.

Scott
    http://www.AAApcMechanic.com

4. AMerica

AMerica Private E-2

Well, I discovered that what the problem might have been. It seems that my brother was using Internet Explorer unbeknownst to me. I was unaware of the updates that were needed to be downloaded for IE and I missed numerous important security updates. I downloaded them and my Internet went smoothly with the speed it was supposed to have and also my gaming experience was as good as it was before. But just the other day, my latency went up and is stuck at around 250-300. My internet isn't as slow but it isn't running as fast as it used to. I am still unaware of the problem. I have ran the DSL Speed test and the results are as follows:

Download Speed: 516 Kbs
    Upload Speed: 130 Kbs

I am not sure what this really all means, but help would be appreciated.

5. AMerica

AMerica Private E-2

I ran another DSL report speed test and go the following:

Download Speed: 428 Kbps
    Upload Speed: 130 Kpbs

Once again I do not know the significance of this but please help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds