Video Camera Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by travelling_man, Feb 13, 2005.

1. travelling_man

travelling_man Private E-2

Hi guys,

Total novice to this sort of thing so wondered if anybody out there with more experience than me can help.

I have just bought a webcam. I was going to buy a logitech but was talked into buying a "Vimicro" device by the store, and I have to admit it does SEEM a better model. But.......... (theres always a but isn't there!!!)

I have installed the device and using its own capture software etc I can see an image being produced on the display.

If I try and connect using MSN messenger then when the other person accepts all I get is the "trying to connect to ***** computer" before it eventually times out.

If I try to connect using Yahoo messenger then it comes up with an error saying "Yahoo! Messenger has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Send/Don't Send report". After selecting wither option, yahoo messenger then closes down.

I have disabled my Norton anti-virus and firewall, but no improvement.

Anyone please any advice???

Thanks in advance!

2. travelling_man

travelling_man Private E-2

ummmmmm.... everyone as confused as me then.

Well just a little more info, if the person I am talking to initiates the video (even though they have no camera attached) whilst in MSN Messenger, then they can see my image from the camera, although it seems to only stay for about 3-4 minutes before dropping out.

Any suggestions????

3. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Sounds like your webcam and the installation is OK. I would double-check my settings in MSN messenger and windows, possibly with someone on the other end that has a functioning webcam.

You will get other suggestions / solutions to try, so don't get discouraged. ;)

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds