New SOund card. Need help disabling the internal one...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gyzmomeow, Feb 14, 2005.

1. gyzmomeow

gyzmomeow Private E-2

I'm having a problem with my sound card. I got a new sound card, installed a new OS (Win2k) and now I can't disable my onboard sound. It doesn't show up in the BIOS and everytime I remove it through device manager, Windows finds new Hardware

The card is CMI8330/C3D Audio Adapter

And it finds itself FOUR times. (ie. in device manager it looks like this:

?Other Devices

?CMI8330/C3D
    ?CMI8330/C3D
    ?CMI8330/C3D
    ?CMI8330/C3D

This problem is causing significant lag and my new card sounds like the matrix buzz when they come out of the matrix and in.

2. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

There should be a way to disable it in BIOS-- keep looking. If you can't disable it there, Windows will continue to detect it. If that's indeed the case, you could try disabling it in Device Manager rather than removing it.

3. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

who makes your motherboard, or what computer model # do you have if its a big box brand?

also, its natural for a sound card to be 'detected' 2-3 times as there are a couple of different devices on the card that require drivers--thought my guess is the conflict is causing 4 appearances.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds