Best motherboard for barton 3200+?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by joehandy, Feb 14, 2005.

1. joehandy

joehandy Private E-2

hello...
    i was wondering what's the best mb for a amd ahlon xp 3200+? i've got a 2500+ in a A7N8X at the moment, but plan on upgrading soon...also, will i notice a huge difference in performance between the two? tia...

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

If I were you Id go a64,well I was a month ago and I did.The a64 3000 winchester is only slightly more expensive but a much better cpu.It will also give you headroom for upgrade on the 939 socket the motherboard will be slightly more expensive it just depends on how much you want to spend (as usual.)The performance increase also wont be that huge i think you'll be dissapointed.Check out this article
    http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/20041221/cpu_charts-15.html#directx_9
    If the link doesnt work go to tomshardware click proccessor section and expand 'mother of all cpu charts 2'.If you are using it for gaming as you can see in direct 9.0c farcry test the 2500+gets 115fps
    3200 barton 137 fps
    but the a643000 stomps them with 163fps
    Depending on what you use it for the article has a whole range of tests showing all cpu performances in synth/office tests.
    thats a big performance increase for not much more cash.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds