presario 2500 AC problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Shuji Onizuka, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Shuji Onizuka

Shuji Onizuka Private E-2

The AC in my presario laptop keeps sliding back. its not that loose and is stuck a little far back inside the computer to the point where my adapter can't charge the battery. i only want to send it in as a last resort, so any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

2. gman4dx266

gman4dx266 Private First Class

I had a similar problem on my HP Ze4530US notebook. the bottom contact got squished down to the point it didnt make contact. I had no choice but to send it in, becaue i was under my extended warrant. If you dont have any warranty left, get your self a #1 phillips and take that sucker apart and goto radio shack and get the matching male end and solder it on yourself if your comfortable doing that. Just curious- Is your AC plug right angled? Mine is right angled. Its a design flaw IMO. the wire is too heavy of a guage, its got one of those magnetic filters on it right below the plug, the thing is just a nuisance. Its too much weight on the computer plug itself. When my warranty runs out, im going to order a new adaprter from HP, the new ones with the lighter guage wire, and smaller diameter barrel plug. Then ill be in good business. Right now to make sure it dont happen for a while, (my power port is on the right side)-i have it pulled to the left, lengthwise along the back fastened in 2 places with lawn and garden variable length twist ties (the ones where you can cut your preferred size) i got it around the hinges holding the wire. after 2 weeks so far so good...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds